Friday, April 8, 2011

Peach/Apricot Roses

 

PeachApricot-Roses

Interrupting Rose Notes programming for a special announcement--
Dirt-du-jour-logo
On Friday, my subscriptions to Rose Notes were piling up in my email box-- hmmm-- what's happening? Intuition said, "Click on dirt du jour." Wooo hooo-- there was my rose arrangement, and a great mention !
This is a really fun blog for "the gardener who wants the heads up about what's new, hip, up and coming, over, on sale, and too expensive." I've been hooked for some time now. Check it out.
Just-Joey
On Sunday, a blissful gardening morning gave happy yeilds-- daughter Anna was harvesting lavender for sachets she'll be showing you soon, and the kitchen counter became a sea of peach and apricot.
When writing about roses in these color tones I'm usually in a quandary-- what color is it peach or apricot? I don't think it matters now that I have all three in one picture. What do you think?
*
As I sat down for lunch at the counter, whiffs of ripe peach mingled with rose fragrance-- can you stand it? I wish the monitor had scratch & sniff mode.
The roses are Just Joey, Jude the Obscure, and Dr. Brownell.

http://www.rosenotes.com/2010/07/peachapricot-roses.html
   

No comments:

Post a Comment