Friday, April 8, 2011

Rose Behavior in the Vase

 

Ball-Jar-Bouquets
But Elizabeth's real love was and would always be her roses. Sometimes she came out and set up a folding chair, just to sit with them. She experienced a tremendous feeling of force from them, like a low hum or silent white noise––almost a sense of sitting in the middle of waves of rhythm and color.
~ Anne Lamott in Crooked Little Heart


Before and After
The big bouquet holds a sampling of great shrubs that are more than their pretty flowers. The display came with me for show-and-tell at a recent talk I gave. When back at home, I watched and photographed its blooms on day-one and day-four. The results were spectacular.
Phyllis-Bide
The Phyllis Bide cluster opened fully,
Climbing-Lady-Hillingdon
as did the elegant bud of Climbing Lady Hillingdon.
Unknown-HT
My wonderful 'Unknown' old Hybrid Tea hardly changed.
Joseph's-Coat
A pale Joseph's Coat (growing in shade) looked better after four days!
Happenstance
Happenstance, lost its petals, but so beautifully.
Ball-Jar-Label
Did you detect that the vase is a gigantic Mason jar? I can't get enough of them, and when I saw this canister I thought––great vase––wonderful decor for an outdoor party! At my house, it's definitely good indoors too.
Monsieur-Tillier
This Monsieur Tillier bloom lost energy opening, but had no problem posing.

   http://www.rosenotes.com/2010/09/rose-behavior-in-the-vase.html

No comments:

Post a Comment