Friday, April 8, 2011

Floating Roses

 

Pale-Pink-Roses
To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don't grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead you relax, and float. ~ Alan Watts
Pale-Pink-Floating-Roses
For several days we went back and forth about having roses, rose petals, or nothing floating at the poolside wedding of friends. Whatever the final decision, I began collecting short-stemmed blooms on Thursday for the Saturday event.
Appropriate storage is always a challenge if one doesn't have a florist fridgeWhat about those empty bottom drawers in the bottom of my fridge? Aha! Filled with water the biggest drawer turned into a mini pool, and quite a nice photo op.

Roses-in-Fridge-Tray
When I was told that floating fleurs or petals invariably end up clustered in one corner of the pool, I decided not to use them at all. But come Saturday, I thought, why not take the drawerful anyway, and see what happens.
I carefully placed the roses (including some bright pink ones), in each corner of the pool. Sure enough, they all ended up in one corner, but it was where most of the wedding action was-- and they proved to be rather gorgeous. Imagine them floating in glistening, shimmery turquoise reflections.
Did I have my camera? Sorry, nope . . . maybe you can visualize the beauty-- and have a good Monday.

I took lots of pics of the wedding fleurs on the home front-- this week's blog fun will give you a look.    http://www.rosenotes.com/2010/08/floating-roses.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment