Saturday, April 9, 2011

Herb Dow's inspiring and colorful patio transformation

Herb-Dow's-patio-after
After reading an article on the Biggest Little Garden in Town balcony planters, (what I consider the ultimate balcony planter), avid backyard gardener Herb Dow emailed The Home section some inspiring before and after pictures of his own balcony and patio garden along with a note:
I enjoy your articles and I just wanted to share some pictures of my garden. I moved from a half acre garden where I planted 500 tulips every year to a town home. I now plant everything in pots (the Hollyhock is 3 years old). I still start every Saturday morning by visiting the 3 nurseries in my area. As you can see in 3 years I have turned my two patios into nice small gardens. Please enjoy.
I did enjoy. Very much!
There is nothing this writer loves more than transformations of all kinds--front yards, backyards, living rooms, bedrooms, kitchens, pools, sheds, you name it! If you have any before and after pictures of your own, please send them to me: deborah.netburn@latimes.com
More before and after shots of Dow's garden after the jump.

Herb Dow's patio before
Herb-Dow's-patio-after
Kitchen-and-Patio-before-1
April-19-Upstairs
--Deborah Netburn
Photo credit: Herb Dow   http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/home_blog/2009/05/reader-mail-herb-dows-inspiring-and-colorful-patio-transformation.html

No comments:

Post a Comment