Sunday, April 10, 2011

Purple Wisteria Blooms are Everywhere in Auburn


I love Wisteria Blooms in the Spring. They grow like weeds down here in the south but we actually planted one a few years ago. It has grown into this huge vine that wants to eat the house, but right now, it is totally covered in beautiful purple blooms and smells incredible. Every year I take photos of this plant and every year the blooms are better and better but my photos end up all looking the same. This year I tried something totally different, shooting Wisteria blooms from the ground using the skylit sun as a background, creating some massive backlit conditions. I love the way they turned out and they aren’t your typical shoot the flower shot.
For a little contrast I posted some “normal” shots below as well but I love how the backlit conditions adds something totally different to this particular bloom, and today, it’s the photo of the day.




  http://www.scottfillmer.com/2011/03/20/purple-wisteria-blooms/

No comments:

Post a Comment